R. Campestre Florestal Ltda is owned by two brothers of the Ribeiro do Valle family that has it’s origins in Portugal in the XII century. The “Valles” were descendents of D. Fernando and the “Ribeiros” appeared in the reign of D. Afonso IV. The first antecessor in Brazil was André Ribeiro do Valle (1713-1763). As most Europeans from that time, he came searching for gold but in the long run turned to agricultural and cattle raising activities. Seeking for fertile and arable land the antecessors of this family headed southwesterly to the Pardo River, establishing farms and small villages over the XVIII and XIX centuries.
The coffee culture in Brazil was initiated in 1727, in Pará, and the first exportation of the product happened in 1732.
However, the northern States, except Ceará and Bahia, didn’t have, in the colonial period, great interest for it. Its introduction in Rio de Janeiro, in 1760, aroused bigger interest and, from there, the culture radiated for the neighboring States like São Paulo and Minas Gerais. In Campinas, the coffee entered in 1797, but only thirty years later it’s plantation in the region was intensified. So, this culture and our antecessors concurrently arrived the south of Minas Gerais and since then, after generations of farmers and agronomists, the coffee history in that area is closely allied to ours.
Currently, considering a year of high production (4.200 bags) and another of low production (2.800 bags), we harvest an average of 3.500 bags. Part of it is exported and the rest is sold in the Brazilian market.